The Karen S. Perkins Legacy Society was created to honor The Women’s Center’s founder and Executive Director of 25 years, and to recognize those dedicated patrons whose commitment to the future of The Women’s Center has inspired them to include The Women’s Center as a beneficiary of their estate. Membership in the Karen S. Perkins Legacy Society is open to all donors who make such a commitment.
Why should I join?
- Often, once people feel confident that they have provided for those individuals who have made a difference in their lives, they then consider ways to leave funds for charitable causes and organizations they supported during their lifetime.
- An estate gift to The Women’s Center will sustain its future work to support women, men, and children who come seeking hope and emotional healing from terrible violence, solutions to family crisis, and help finding a better job and a path to a better life.
- An estate gift will most likely reduce taxes. In addition to supporting a cause you care about, you will receive tax benefits for charitable giving.
- You can change your mind. Your plans can be changed at anytime. Reviewing your plans regularly is important.
There are many ways to leave a legacy gift to The Women’s Center. Talk to your attorney or financial planner to determine which best meet your financial and charitable goals. A few include:
- Make a gift to The Women’s Center in your will. Talk to your attorney about preparing a simple, inexpensive codicil to your existing will.
- Visit your personnel office and ask about having the Women’s Center as a partial beneficiary of your life insurance, profit sharing, IRA or other retirement plans.
- Avoid capital gains tax by making a gift of stocks or bonds to The Women’s Center.
- Receive a tax deduction for a large percentage of the value of a house or land by making a charitable gift of the property, but keeping the right to use it for the rest of your life.
How to become a member of the Karen S. Perkins Legacy Society:
The Karen S. Perkin’s Legacy Society recognizes individuals who have included The Women’s Center in their estate plans through a will, trust, life insurance gift or other planned gift. Once you notify The Women’s Center that it is has been designated as a beneficiary of your estate, membership is automatic. If you have already included The Women’s Center in your estate plans or think you would like to do so, please complete this intent form.
Karen S. Perkin’s Legacy Society members receive the following benefits:
- Recognition in annual reports
- Invitations to Legacy Society events
- Opportunity to tour and meet with staff at The Women’s Center
- Satisfaction of knowing others will be cared for because of their generosity
To learn more about the Karen S. Perkins Legacy Society, contact Diane Mayfield at 817.927.4006 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.