The Karen S. Perkins Legacy Society was created to provide an opportunity for donors to impact the lives of future generations with their charitable giving, and to recognize those who have included The Women’s Center in their estate plans. The Legacy Society, named in honor of the Women’s Center’s founder and Executive Director of 25 years, Karen S. Perkins, is open to all patrons who have made such a commitment.
Why Should I Join
- Often, once people feel confident that they have provided for those individuals who have made a difference in their lives, they then consider ways to leave funds for charitable causes and organizations they supported during their lives.
- An estate gift to The Women’s Center will sustain its future work to support women, men, and children who come seeking hope and emotional healing from terrible violence, solutions to family crisis, and help finding employment and a path to a better life.
- An estate gift will most likely reduce taxes. In addition to supporting a cause you care about, you will receive tax benefits for charitable giving.
- You can change your mind. Your plans can be changed at any time. Reviewing your plans regularly is important.
There are many ways to leave a legacy gift to The Women’s Center. Talk to your attorney or financial planner to determine which best meet your financial and charitable goals. A few Include:
- Simple Will: Include a simple codicil to your existing will – either a percentage or named amount
- Insurance: Name The Women’s Center as a beneficiary of an existing policy
- Beneficiary Designations: Name the Center as a beneficiary of an IRA, pension or other account
- Gifts of Oil, Gas & Mineral Royalty Interests
- Gifts of Securities
- Charitable Remainder or Charitable Lead Trust
How to become a member of the Karen S. Perkins Legacy Society
The Karen S. Perkin’s Legacy Society recognizes individuals who have included The Women’s Center in their estate plans. Once you notify The Women’s Center that it has been designated as a beneficiary of your estate, membership is automatic. If you have already included The Women’s Center in your estate plans, please complete this intent form.
Karen S. Perkin’s Legacy Society members receive the following benefits:
- Recognition in annual reports
- Invitations to Legacy Society events
- Opportunity to tour and meet with The Women’s Center leadership
- Satisfaction of knowing other generations will be cared for because of your generosity
To learn more about the Karen S. Perkins Legacy Society, contact Diane Mayfield at 817.927.4006 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.